- 1 tin of coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2 packets of grated cassava (you may find this in stores which carry Asian products)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine. Yummy!!!!
- A bowl
- A chef's knife
- A wire whisk
- A baking dish
- A silicone brush
- A grater
-First, preheat the oven to 350F.
-Crack and beat the eggs and mix all the ingredients, except the melted butter/margarine, in a bowl.
-Next, pour the mixture into a greased baking dish (9x13'') and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
-Then, remove from the oven and brush melted butter on top of the cake and
bake it for another 15 to 30 minutes until the edges are golden brown and a knife inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
-Finally, let it cool down and and the cake is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Cassava Cake is soft, chewy and aromatic. If you have a sweet-tooth, this is your recipe.